Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ghetto, in thee I live.

I have not mowed my lawn. Ever.

It didn't matter over the course of the late fall and winter, since my backyard looked like a barren field once inhabited by Dog the Digger. But with March came rain, which was immediately followed by it's not-so-popular sibling, torrential downpour, in April. I now have knee-high grass in which I have lost my cat on more than one occasion. She is wee.

My neighbor even knocked on my door today and offered to let me use her lawn mower. I was embarrassed by the condition of my yard, so clearly I decided to launch into some preposterous excuse for my poor lawn care habits. I told her that I'm in the process of procuring a flock of sheep that would not only serve as an environmentally-friendly answer to lawn mowers, but as serious autumn barbeque fare. She finds me not funny. Shocking.

At any rate, if my apartment were a person, it would be homeless. Or a hippie.

2 comments:

chris said...

Dude, you are funny. I don't care WHAT your neighbor says!!

Annalee said...

Les - Are you maybe in the wrong business??? You are Funny! Don't stop. Joey and I haven't laughed this hard in ages! It's YOU!!

Love you! Nana